The Meta Watch is intended for product developers, and is not considered a consumer product.
Before ordering the Meta Watch, please review this forum thread for information regarding devices that connects with Meta Watch – as of today, the iPhone is not supported.
In addition, for support questions, please visit the Meta Watch online community.
MetaWatch is a wearable development system that enables rapid development of ‘connected-watch’ applications. With Meta Watch, developers can quickly and easily extend the interfaces of devices and applications to the wrist. The Meta Watch platforms utilize embedded Bluetooth® technology to connect to smartphones, mobile devices and other Bluetooth enabled devices. For support and complete information, visit www.metawatch.org.
This digital+analog Meta Watch platform is based on the MSP430F5438A MSP430™ ultra-low-power microcontroller and CC2560 Bluetooth host controller solution from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI).
The digital+analog Meta Watch kit features:
- A great looking watch
- An easy-to-use Bluetooth enabled wearable development system
- Fully-tooled; production-ready modules with FCC, CE certification
- Stainless steel case
- Leather strap
- Water-resistant (3 ATM)
- Mineral crystal lens
- Vibrating motor
- Three-axis accelerometer
- Ambient light sensor
- Dual OLED Displays
- Analog Hands
- 3 Buttons
- Includes programming /charging clip & USB cable
- Ability to easily program through external clip & cable; no need to open watch
- Supports open source projects that support both CCS (Code Composer Studio) and IAR tool chains
The Meta Watch Embedded SDK features:
- Add your own thread to the watch for special functions
- Use the Meta Watch low-power application framework
- No need to open the watch for in-circuit debugging
- Uses TI Spy-bi-wire
- Leverage the Bluetooth radio and remote protocol for communication
- Sample code which is an Open Source Android SDK project demonstrating watch connectivity to an Android phone. The project demonstrates watch idle screen use as well as notifications for: CallerID, SMS messages, alarms, calendar events, music control, email and IM.
- Meta Watch is a fully-tooled production unit which lowers the barrier to market entry
- As a development platform it allows users to create custom wearable applications
- Bluetooth technology allows connection to over 3 billion + Bluetooth devices in the market
- Freely available source example code allows for easy development
- Meta Watch community with forums, documentation and links to sample code
The MSP-WDS430BT1000AD also comes with
- Stainless steel case; mineral crystal lens; leather strap
- Programming/charging clip & micro USB cable