The Meta Watch is intended for product developers, and is not considered a consumer product.
Before ordering the Meta Watch, please review this forum thread for information regarding devices that connects with Meta Watch.
In addition, for support questions, please visit the Meta Watch online community.
The latest versions of the MSP430™ basedMeta Watch wearable development systems include Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology expanding connectivity to leading Bluetooth 4.0 capable devices including with the iPhone 4s and iPad (3).
Meta Watch enables the rapid development of ‘connected-watch’ applications that permitting developers to quickly and easily extend the interfaces of devices and applications to the wrist. The Meta Watch platforms utilize embedded Bluetooth® technology to connect to smartphones, mobile devices and other Bluetooth enabled devices.
The MSP-WDS430BT2000D features:
- MCU: TI’s ultra-low-power MSP430™ microcontroller (MSP430F5438A)
- Radio: TI’s CC2564 Bluetooth 4.0 transceiver; with profile support for SPP and BLE-GATT
- Compatibility: iPhone 4s (iOS 5 and up), most devices with Android OS 2.3 and up. Potentially any programmable device supporting Bluetooth 2.1 and up device with Serial Port Profile (SPP) connectivity, or Bluetooth 4.0 with BLE GATT capability.
- Case / strap: 3 ATM water resistant stainless steel case and black genuine leather strap
- Display: Mirror polymer network LCD (96x96 pixel). Fully reflective for direct sunlight
- Lens: Scratch-resistant, mineral hardened glass
- I/O: 6 fully programmable buttons, 3-axis accelerometer, vibrating motor & ambient light sensor
The Meta Watch Embedded SDK features:
- Add your own thread to the watch for special functions
- Use the Meta Watch low-power application framework
- No need to open the watch for in-circuit debugging
- Uses TI Spy-bi-wire
- Leverage the Bluetooth radio and remote protocol for communication
- Sample code which is an Open Source Android SDK project demonstrating watch connectivity to an Android phone. The project demonstrates watch idle screen use as well as notifications for: CallerID, SMS messages, alarms, calendar events, music control, email and IM.
- Meta Watch is a fully-tooled production unit which lowers the barrier to market entry
- As a development platform it allows users to create custom wearable applications
- Bluetooth technology allows connection to over 3 billion + Bluetooth devices in the market
- Freely available source example code allows for easy development
- Meta Watch community with forums, documentation and links to sample code
The MSP-WDS430BT2000D also comes with
- One digital display watch with stainless steel case; mineral crystal lens; leather strap preprogrammed to connect to an Android device out of box
- One charging / programming clip
- One micro USB cable